A Driven pheasant and duck shoot Drives for pheasant, partridge and duck take place during the day. An impressive number of birds is presented.
The line must consist of 10 to 12 guns
We cast lots for the pegs. Your dogs are welcome but must be kept under control. When you are at your peg your dog must remain on a lead until the final call.
The organization of the day
The rendezvous is at 9am for breakfast in front of the fire. When everybody is ready your host will take you outside and give you explanations. You will be required to draw lots for your first drive. Accompanying friends are welcome. All movement between drives is by a motor drawn vehicle.
At each drive the beaters make the birds fly towards the line of guns. During the day there are 6 to 7 drives and one duck shoot. At midday there is champagne and lunch is served in the dining room with first class burgundy wine.
In the afternoon shooting continues until 18h when refreshments are served and the game count takes place. The game is distributed among the participants.
- You will need about 125 cartridges
- The pegs are drawn by lots
- If you are less than 10 guns we can complete the line
- The probable game count is 18 to 20 birds by gun
- You can shoot cock pheasant
- Individual kennels cans be provided for your dogs
- You are expected to tip the guide
The season usually opens the 3rd Sunday in September and closes on 28 February